Friday, March 30, 2012

Problems with the VS2005 IDE

I have installed VS2005 MSDN-final, SQL2005, SQL2005 EXPRESS

The problems I have are two

1. I can't add a new sql Database to my windows project due to an error about not being able to start a user instance

2. After I create a new database in SQLExpress, then the datasources window doesnot show the datasource I have created when if form designer view
Any suggestions please

SQLExpress instances must be referenced using its named instance localhost\SQLEXPRESS. If you are doing that then your ok.

Also, make sure the sql services are started.

The datasources window probably only shows you database information that you have configured it for. You would most like have to create a new datasource to see the other database. The datasources is not like the Server Explorer in VS.NET 2003

-HTH|||What I meant Is that the datasources window is disabled when IDE loads the form view designer

No comments:

Post a Comment