Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Problems with SQLServerAgent

Hello,
In the past, I have had my Log On settings set to "This Account", where I
supplied the account and password. When I changed it to "Local System
Account" and checked "Allow services to interact with desktop", an empty
DOS box opens with the path at top saying:
c:\progra~1\micros~4\mssql\binn\sqlagent.exe
When I try to close it, it re-opens.
Also, I did the same thing with MSSQLServer without any problems.
Any help with this would be appreciated.
--
Thanks in advance,
sck10You might try changing the service account back then changing it to Local
System using the SQL Server Agent - Properties dialog in Enterprise Manager.
Also you might want to take a look at:
How to change the SQL Server or SQL Server Agent Service account without
using SQL Enterprise Manager in SQL Server 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283811&sd=tech
HTH
Jerry
"sck10" <sck10@.online.nospam> wrote in message
news:eVVcqJSvFHA.908@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
> In the past, I have had my Log On settings set to "This Account", where I
> supplied the account and password. When I changed it to "Local System
> Account" and checked "Allow services to interact with desktop", an empty
> DOS box opens with the path at top saying:
> c:\progra~1\micros~4\mssql\binn\sqlagent.exe
> When I try to close it, it re-opens.
> Also, I did the same thing with MSSQLServer without any problems.
> Any help with this would be appreciated.
> --
> Thanks in advance,
> sck10
>

No comments:

Post a Comment