Friday, March 30, 2012

Problems with Timeout expired

Hi

I have a SQL Server database which has a number of tables and views. Using SQL Server Management Studio Express I can open most of the views without a problem. However, some of the views cause an SQL Connection Error but not every time I open them.

Error Source: Net SqlClient Data Provider

Error Message: Timeout expired. The timeout period expired ....

I have looked at the help given for this error but have come to the conclusion that none of the suggested causes are relevant as most views open without a problem. It would appear that I need to increase the timeout value but I can't find where I do that.

It must be simple..

I have just checked that the Execution Time-out in the SSMSE options is set to 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment