Friday, March 30, 2012

Problems with Table Adapters

1) I have added new fields to the database, now seeems I need to remove method from table adapter and add it again. Is there any simple way to have table adapter refreshed after adding a field to the stored procedure?

2) Also I have noticed that when I try to edit existing method (configure option), it tells me that method name can not be the same for fill and get. any idea? It is the same now...

3) Also How do I remove the default method? Delete option is greyed out...

Thanks a lot

hi,


We cannot delete the default method.this method is user to fill and select(Default select command)

Right Click the default method and click on Configure..Now If u are using a stored Procedure then u can see the stored procedure name on the select dropdown.

Click the previous button and select the radio button new stored procedure or select the sql statement (if u are selecting the sql statment write an ordinary sql statement) now go till Finish..now the default select method has changed..

now to use the stored procedure that u have changed do the same procedure and select an existing stored procedure option when we click the prevoius button and continue clicking the wizard until finish.

now u will be using the new stored procedure that has a new field that u have added..

i hope this helps


|||

The problem is that when I click next button on the "Choose methods to generate". I get this error message:

"The names specified for Fill Data table and Get data table can not be the same".

You see, there are the same right now, so I am not sure what I should choose... This is existing starter kit application...

|||

hi,

give different names for the filldata method and getdata method.. these are two different methods..

Eg

'FilldataAddUsers" and

"GetDataAddAddUsers "

No comments:

Post a Comment