Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Problems with SQLServerAgent

Hello,
In the past, I have had my Log On settings set to "This Account", where I
supplied the account and password. When I changed it to "Local System
Account" and checked "Allow services to interact with desktop", an empty
DOS box opens with the path at top saying:
c:\progra~1\micros~4\mssql\binn\sqlagent.exe
When I try to close it, it re-opens.
Also, I did the same thing with MSSQLServer without any problems.
Any help with this would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
sck10
You might try changing the service account back then changing it to Local
System using the SQL Server Agent - Properties dialog in Enterprise Manager.
Also you might want to take a look at:
How to change the SQL Server or SQL Server Agent Service account without
using SQL Enterprise Manager in SQL Server 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default...283811&sd=tech
HTH
Jerry
"sck10" <sck10@.online.nospam> wrote in message
news:eVVcqJSvFHA.908@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
> In the past, I have had my Log On settings set to "This Account", where I
> supplied the account and password. When I changed it to "Local System
> Account" and checked "Allow services to interact with desktop", an empty
> DOS box opens with the path at top saying:
> c:\progra~1\micros~4\mssql\binn\sqlagent.exe
> When I try to close it, it re-opens.
> Also, I did the same thing with MSSQLServer without any problems.
> Any help with this would be appreciated.
> --
> Thanks in advance,
> sck10
>

No comments:

Post a Comment