Friday, March 30, 2012

Problems with T-SQL Debugger and Query Analyzer

I'm receiving this error message on the majority of machines, from my
developers, trying to debug T-SQL Stored Procedures (including my machine)...
Server: Msg 504, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_sdidebug, Line 1
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Unable to connect to debugger
on DESEN (Error = 0x800706ba). Ensure that client-side components, such as
SQLDBREG.EXE, are installed and registered on CONSOFT-08. Debugging disabled
for connection 89.
Strangely, one of the machines works fine, it's running Windows 2000...
The other machines runs Win2k or XP... None of them work...
The server and the client runs the same SQL version (SP3)...
I saw an article in BOL that didn't help to solve the problem (Troubleshoot
T-SQL Debugger)...
Does anybody knows something about that?
If you need any more information that could help you to determine the
problem, plz contact me... I'm very thank!!
Hi Rafa,
Is this article helpful then?
INF: Transact-SQL Debugger Limitations and Troubleshooting Tips for SQL
Server 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;280101
Yih-Yoon Lee
Rafa? wrote:
> I'm receiving this error message on the majority of machines, from my
> developers, trying to debug T-SQL Stored Procedures (including my machine)...
> Server: Msg 504, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_sdidebug, Line 1
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Unable to connect to debugger
> on DESEN (Error = 0x800706ba). Ensure that client-side components, such as
> SQLDBREG.EXE, are installed and registered on CONSOFT-08. Debugging disabled
> for connection 89.
> Strangely, one of the machines works fine, it's running Windows 2000...
> The other machines runs Win2k or XP... None of them work...
> The server and the client runs the same SQL version (SP3)...
> I saw an article in BOL that didn't help to solve the problem (Troubleshoot
> T-SQL Debugger)...
> Does anybody knows something about that?
> If you need any more information that could help you to determine the
> problem, plz contact me... I'm very thank!!

No comments:

Post a Comment