Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Problems with Subreports when no data is returned & page breaks ar

I've been fighting a problem in SQL Reporting Services 2005 and am about to
go nuts! I have a main report that contains multiple subreports. Each
subreport is contained within its own List (I've tried Tables too), tied to
the DataSet specific to each subreport. Each subreport may or may not return
data, based on the DataSet of the List/Table.
My problem occurs when one or all of the subreports do not return data. The
users would like each subreport to start on a new page, which I thought
should be simply handled by setting the Page Break at Start property of the
List/Table's Grouping. This does in fact work as desired, but only when ALL
subreports return data. When one (or more) of the subreports is blank, an
extra page is rendered, which when paged to causes an error (An error
occurred during local report processing. An internal error occurred on the
report server. See the error log for more details.) I've been able to find
nothing in any error log, which is what the BOL says for this error (in
addition to telling you that this error should never occcur!).
Can someone please help!? I have a deadline to meet!
Thanks in advance.Hi Jeff,
I am stuck with the same problem and have been recommended to use the NoRows
property. However this does unfortunately not help. The problem seems to
arise as soon as something re-renders the page. In my case a drill-down
re-renders the page and causes this error if I have an empty sub-report on
the page.
If you have found a work-around I would be glad if you could post it.
"Jeff Rautzahn" wrote:
> I've been fighting a problem in SQL Reporting Services 2005 and am about to
> go nuts! I have a main report that contains multiple subreports. Each
> subreport is contained within its own List (I've tried Tables too), tied to
> the DataSet specific to each subreport. Each subreport may or may not return
> data, based on the DataSet of the List/Table.
> My problem occurs when one or all of the subreports do not return data. The
> users would like each subreport to start on a new page, which I thought
> should be simply handled by setting the Page Break at Start property of the
> List/Table's Grouping. This does in fact work as desired, but only when ALL
> subreports return data. When one (or more) of the subreports is blank, an
> extra page is rendered, which when paged to causes an error (An error
> occurred during local report processing. An internal error occurred on the
> report server. See the error log for more details.) I've been able to find
> nothing in any error log, which is what the BOL says for this error (in
> addition to telling you that this error should never occcur!).
> Can someone please help!? I have a deadline to meet!
> Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment