Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Problems with SQL Server

I have installed SQL Server 2005 and Visual Studio 2005 (release edition)- since I have SQL Server, I didn't install SQL Server Express - didn't figure I'd need it.

I have created a Web Project and added an App_Data directory.

Whenever I try to add a SQL database to the directory, I get the following message:

--------
Microsoft Visual Studio
--------
Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL Server Express 2005 to function properly. Please verify the installation of the component or download from the URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=49251
--------
OK Help
--------

How can I get VS to work with the SQL Server installation instead of Express?

Use the server explorer pane, or set the database up in Management Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment