Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Problems with SQLXML bulk load

Hi all,

I am newbie in all the stuff about xml importing into sql server.

What I try to do is simple. It is take an xml file and drop it into a
table. I am using VS2005, SQLXML 4.0 and SQL Server 2000 (I think
there is no problem of compatibility)

When I run my program using the SQLXMLBulkLoad4Class class,
everythings seems to run perfect and there is no errors. But when I
check my DB there isnt any record inserted.

My schema is:

<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:mapping-schema">
<xsd:element name="table1">
<xsd:complexType>
<xsd:sequence>
<xsd:element name="ele1" type="xsd:string"/>
<xsd:element name="ele2" type="xsd:string"/>
<xsd:element name="ele3" type="xsd:string"/>
</xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>
</xsd:schema>

My xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<ENGROLE>
<EROLE>
<ele1>dieg01p</ele1>
<ele2>IE01</ele2>
<ele3>IEL01</ele3>
</EROLE>
.
.
.
</ENGROLE>

and my table definition where I try to insert:

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[table1](
[ele1] [nvarchar](255) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL,
[ele2] [nvarchar](255) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL,
[ele3] [nvarchar](255) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL,
) ON [PRIMARY]

As you see it is very simple, but I cannot get it work. Can anyone
give a hand?

Thanks!!If your data is involved in a DataSet, try to use
SQLBulkCopy class.|||It is not. I receive the data from a process that generates the data into XML format, and I cannot change the process.|||Try also to post the question on the .Net forum, you may get the right answer quicker.|||Ok, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment